Global Crypto Asset Management Market Report 2021-2026: Growing Adoption of Cryptocurrency for Remittances and Trading Purposes – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Crypto Asset Management Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Crypto Asset Management Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 20% during the forecast period 2021 – 2026. The evolution of the asset management industry, coupled with increasing awareness about crypto funds, is expected to boost the market growth. The emerging blockchain technology has the potential to offer multipurpose business applications across several end-user industries, extending its services across the enormous growth of digital assets.
According to a study by Elwood Asset Management Services Ltd., the assets under management of crypto hedge funds grew by almost double in 2019. Furthermore, according to the data compiled till Q1 2020, there were approximately 150 active crypto hedge funds, out of which about 63% of the funds were launched in either 2018 or 2019.
In July 2019, US Capital Global Securities expanded its portfolio by adding a new fund, with holdings in major blockchain companies, such as Coinbase, Bakkt, Nomics, and Tagomi. Such initiatives are expected to boost the growth of crypto hedge funds, which will stimulate the crypto asset management market growth.
The Covid-19 pandemic has largely disrupted the traditional investment scenario in a fractured world. This is further making the digital cryptocurrency space increasingly attractive. Coronavirus has led to a global economic crisis, which makes bitcoins as an attractive option to combat the economic disruption due to its hard, deflationary nature.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Industry Expected to Gain Maximum Adoption
- The growing adoption of blockchain or distributed ledgers technologies in the sector is expected to increase investment by the BFSI sector in cryptocurrency. For instance, by establishing a decentralized ledger for payments (e.g., Bitcoin), banking solutions could facilitate faster payments at lower fees than traditional systems.
- For instance, in August 2019, Uruguay-based Bantotal, a core banking service provider that services over 60 different financial institutions across 14 different countries collaborated with cryptocurrency exchange Bitex, to facilitate cross-border payments over the bitcoin blockchain. Additionally, Ohio is the first state in the US to accept Bitcoin tax payments, and BitPay’s platform enables the transactions. Such initiatives and instances are expected to boost the adoption of crypto asset management solutions in the BFSI industry.
- In November 2019, SEBA Bank launched a range of services to integrate crypto assets and traditional banking. The bank’s crypto services include asset management, custody, trading, and financing. Its wallet app, e-banking, and card are expected to enable customers to convert their traditional form of investments into cryptocurrencies. Also, Clipper Coin Capital (CCC), a crypto investment bank and asset management company, was newly opened in Hong Kong. Such initiatives indicate the efforts made by the crypto asset management companies to expand their presence globally.
North America Expected to Dominate the Market
- North America is expected to dominate the crypto asset management market globally, owing to the dominance of the United States and Canada in the adoption of Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies. The US is one of the prominent players when it comes to bitcoin trading and transactions.
- The US has about 27 exchanges, while Canada has only six exchanges. The US ranks the highest when it comes to the transaction between Bitcoin exchanges according to data published by Crystal blockchain.
- Also, North America is an early technological adaptor having significant adoption of blockchain in end-user industries. The early adoption of advanced technologies and digitization is expected to fuel the growth of the crypto asset management market in the region. In June 2020, BitPay, the blockchain payments provider, launched the BitPay Card, the first Mastercard Prepaid card for crypto users in the United States.
The competitive landscape of the Crypto Asset Management Market is expected to gradually move towards fragmentation, owing to the increasing adoption of cryptocurrency across the globe. Also, the emergence of several small and medium-sized global players are expected to help the market grow. The existing market players are increasingly making new product launches or making several innovations in the market to boost their market presence.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Adoption of Blockchain Technology Across End-user Industries
4.2.2 Increasing Focus on the Security of Cryptocurrency Assets
4.2.3 Growing Adoption of Cryptocurrency for Remittances and Trading Purposes
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of a Centralized Regulatory Framework
4.3.2 Lack of Technical Knowledge and Awareness of the Technology
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
188.8.131.52 Custody Solutions
184.108.40.206 Tokenization Solutions
220.127.116.11 Transfer & Remittance Solutions
18.104.22.168 Trading Solutions
5.2 By Deployment Mode
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.2 Retail & E-commerce
5.3.3 Media & Entertainment
5.3.4 Other End-user Industries (Healthcare, Travel & Hospitality)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 BitGo, Inc.
6.1.2 Coinbase, Inc.
6.1.3 Gemini Trust Company, LLC
6.1.4 Cipher Assets
6.1.6 Amberdata Inc.
6.1.7 EntryZone Crypto Asset Management Group
6.1.8 Crypto Fund AG
6.1.9 Harvex Group Limited
6.1.10 Crescent Crypto Asset Management LLC
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k7j8tq
Published at Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:46:00 +0000